DATES AND TIMES
DRAW: Made at the April Executive Meeting and listed over the page, with a stipulation that if any club withdraws, thereby making any heat less than three clubs, all other clubs shall move up or down accordingly.
Both the Heats and the Final will take place at Northwich Memorial Court.
ALL HEATS and FINAL will commence at 7.15pm PROMPT.
1st performance: BEESTON
2nd performance: KNUTSFORD
3rd performance: STRETTON
The first placed club from each heat and the Club with the highest runner up score from the three heats will go through to the Final.
Order of draw also indicates order of performance.
PRACTICES have been arranged at the Northwich Memorial Court as follows and have been allocated as per the competition draw.
All Clubs in the Final will be drawn for positions after the third heat.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO FURTHER VACANCIES AT NORTHWICH MEMORIAL COURT FOR PRACTICES.
Rules of the Competition
- A free choice of performance: variety of entertainment/professionally written play/an original piece of work. Please note that it should be suitable for a family audience and as such it is up to each participating club’s discretion what they regard as material of a questionable nature, swearing and nudity will NOT be allowed. The judges will be told the entertainment is aimed at a family audience.
- A form will be sent to each club for completion and return to the County Coordinator by Sunday 28th October 2018 giving details of the input that each member has given to their production. This will be handed to the judges for their consideration.
- All team members must be a member of the Club for which they are competing. They must be registered with the online membership facility before midnight on Sunday 28th October 2018. Failure of any members not registered will result in that club being disqualified. No Moody Bowl points will be awarded for that club’s performance. CAST LISTS WILL BE CHECKED PRIOR TO THE PERFORMANCE.
- Each performance will consist of no more than 20 playing members. No professional entertainer will be allowed to take part in the competition. Each club will be allowed 1 producer, 1 make-up artist and 6 additional helpers, these 6 are to include sound/lighting and curtains, all to be members of the club and all to be under 30 years of age but with a minimum age of 11 years on 1st June 2018.
- Each performance shall be a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes. Penalties of 1 point per minute over or under these times will be deducted up to 5 minutes and thereafter 2 points per minute will be deducted.
- Preparation of the stage shall be carried out in 10 minutes and cleared in 5 minutes. To assist with this, any current paid up member of the club may help providing they are under 30 years of age. Penalties of 1 point per minute will be deducted over this time. County Officials will control this for each club competing.
- All clubs must comply with Health and Safety Regulations and meet the relevant safety standards and abide by the Fire Regulations of Northwich Memorial Court.
- A panel of 3 judges will adjudicate, being the same 3 judges for all 3 heats. Their decision is final. Completed sheets shall be handed over to a County Official on completion of the final performance of each heat. This will be followed by the announcement of the results. The first placed club from each heat will go forward to the final, the fourth being the club that scores the highest total of points from all the heats. A new panel of adjudicators will judge the Final.
- Scale of marking ,Variety and balance 20, Originality 15, Entertainment value 15, Presentation 25, Overall effect 25. The judges will be given suggestions of what to look out for in each category.Any penalty points will be deducted from the score of the relevant club that each judge has awarded to the said club. After any penalty points have been deducted from each judge’s mark, the score that each judge has awarded each club will denote their position for that particular judge, points will then be awarded e.g. 1st position will receive 1 point, 2nd position 2 points and 3rd position 3 points etc. These points will then be totalled and the club receiving the lowest number of points will be deemed the winner of the competition. In the event of a dead heat with the number of points the total number of marks will be taken into consideration.
- For the avoidance of doubt the judges of the heats will judge the best individual performance during the heats only. The result will be announced at the Final.
- Following the results announcement one member from each of the clubs performing that evening will be given the opportunity to meet with the judges to receive feedback on their performance.
The stage at Northwich Memorial Court measures 10.2 metres x 6.9 metres performance area, the stage is 1 metre high and there is 3.5 metres of wing space either side of the stage. The back stage door measures 86cms wide by 2 meters high. Clubs will need to store all their scenery in the wing storage space provided at the beginning of each evening and before 7pm. The total area for Clubs to store their scenery is 1.4 meters x 1.3 meters, with the exception of the Final where the last club performing will store their scenery in the main prop store. The first club on will be allowed to place their scenery altogether in middle of the stage, they will not be allowed to place it in its position. Any club having difficulty with the storage space provided should speak to the County Coordinator.
AWARDS: The winning club will be awarded THE FIFTY SEVEN TROPHY to be held for one year.
Miniatures to each member of the winning team.
Other finalist clubs – prize cards to each member of 2nd, 3rd and 4th Clubs.
Best Individual performance, judged throughout the heats, will be awarded THE WIMBOLDSLEY HALL TROPHY to be held for one year.
MOODY BOWL POINTS: Final winner 200, 2nd 185, 3rd 170, 4th 150.
Non-finalists at heats pro rata depending on judges score
PLEASE NOTE: ALL cast lists must be with the County Coordinator by Sunday 28th October 2018, once submitted no alterations can be made to the programme list without the approval of the County Federation.
All members of the cast and backstage team must also be fully signed up YFC members for the Club which they are competing by this date.
Membership records will be checked.