Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Time: 10.30am prompt
Venue: Eaton Bank Academy, Jackson Road, Congleton, CW12 1NT
- The ‘Priestner Roston’ Trophy will be awarded to the winning team, to be held for one year. Each
member of the winning team and runner up team will receive replica trophies.
- The ‘Cheshire Prime Lamb’ Trophy will be awarded to the highest placed individual, to be held for
one year. Also a replica trophy will be awarded.
Moody Bowl: A maximum of 100 points will be scaled pro-rata towards the 500 Home Craft Section.
- Two competitors, both to be fully paid up members of the Club for which they are competing and
to be registered with the on-line Membership Facility before midnight on Thursday 18th January
2018 . Failure of either or both members not fully signed up will result in the Club being disqualified
and no Moody Bowl points being awarded to that Club. One member to be under 21 years of age
and one member must be under 30 years of age on 1st June 2017.
- Please inform the County Coordinator by Friday 19th January 2018 of the competitors names.
- To prepare a 2-course meal consisting of a main course and a dessert using ingredients provided
on the day by County . A meal for one must be prepared.
- Teams will have 2 hours to prepare and present the meal and to wash up and leave the workstation
in a clean and hygienic manner.
- Talking between the Judges and competitors is allowed.
- Mobile phones will not be permitted during the competition.
- An equipment list will be sent to competitors by Wednesday 17th January.
Preparation of food 15 marks
Hygienic practices 10 marks
Cooking techniques 20 marks
Balance of flavours 25 marks
Overall presentation of meal 10 marks
Teamwork 20 marks
There will be a seperate surprise class, for 1 male per club to participate in during the judging time of the
Ready, Steady, Cook! competition. All ingredients and equipment will be provided. This part of the
competition will be judged separately and will not be Moody Bowl pointed. Prizes will be given for this